Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy
Shorthand for the above, C-PACE is public-private financing encouraging sustainability in the built environment. Private capital funds qualified real estate projects, the costs of which are paid over the long-term through property taxes.
Lever Energy Capital is one of a few companies across the country providing private C-PACE capital.
Lever's C-PACE financing and associated projects offer substantial returns to property owners. We fund capital projects that upgrade assets and improve your bottom line. Further benefit details are below.
- Fully amortized over long term at low, fixed rates.
- Non-recourse with a broad range of credit accepted.
- Interest only period available.
- Cheaper than mezzanine debt and preferred equity.
- Saves cash, lowers operating expenses, and brings tax benefits.
- Counts as equity in the capital stack for new development.
- Modernizes building systems, features, and amenities.
- Operating savings improve property cash flow and NOI.
- Tax Incentives.
- Enhances marketability to tenants and customers.
- Reduces company's environmental footprint.
Property Tax Treatment
- Enables tenant pass through for financing payments.
- Off-balance sheet financing available.
- Less long-term liability than traditional debt.
- Transferable upon property sale.
Lever's C-PACE program can finance a variety of improvements associated with property ownership and development. C-PACE financing strives to encourage a sustainable built environment. So, qualified projects generally lower a building's environmental footprint. Lever can help clients manage the process of tailoring and qualifying for C-PACE financing.
The most commonly financed improvements are below. Please contact us to inquire about aspects of your building that Lever can finance.
- Solar Systems
- Wind Systems
- Fuel Cell Power
- Internal Combustion Engines
- Geothermal Systems
- HVAC Systems
- Lighting and Controls
- Building Management Systems
- Roofs and Insulation
- Windows and Doors
- Elevators and Escalators
- Water Heating Systems
- Air Compressor Systems
- Refrigeration Systems and Equipment
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- Plumbing Fixtures
- Washing Systems
- Irrigation Systems and Controls
- Water Systems
Green Building Certification
- Energy Star
- WELL Building
- Net Zero Energy Building
- Green Globes
- Title 24 (in California)
- Seismic Mitigation (in California)
- Wind Resistance (in Florida)
- Flood Mitigation (in Alabama)
How C-PACE Works
Lever Energy Capital, a private C-PACE funding source, provides capital to the Property Owner.
The Property Owner makes annual financing payments to the Local Tax Authority, alongside the property tax bill.
The Local Tax Authority collects and transfers C-PACE payments to Lever. Payments are treated as property tax.